Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Upon waking up this morning I was contemplating what I should do for mothers day to express to my Mom my love and admiration for her. I decided that I wanted to post here about how amazing she is and perhaps provide a small anecdote that would illustrate the fact that she is the best mom in the world.

Unfortunately I've been sitting, staring at a blank screen for 10 minutes now.

Don't get me wrong, I love my mom to death. It's not like I don't have anything wonderful to say about her, because I do. Its just that there are too many wonderful things I could say about her and I can't even decide where to start. Its like when you walk into a See's Candy, or some other equally delicious candy store or bakery, and you are virtually blinded by the assortment of delectable treats - unable to make any sort of selection.

I guess one of the best ways for me to express how impressive my mom is, would be for me to talk about myself. I say this because I am a product of my mom's hard work to raise me and her love for me (and my dad's work and love as well - but this is mother's day. Dad, you'll get your own father's day post...).

You know when people say "like mother, like daughter"? They have good reason to say that. As I've grown up and gone away to college I have seen myself become more and more like my mother. I've seen myself grow into a person who values her family and friends, someone who believes that happiness is always attainable, someone who appreciates intelligence and creativity, someone who cares for others' happiness to the point where they forget to care about their own at times, and someone who has more than enough love to give. I even make some of the same lame jokes and say the same silly things my mother does.

Mom, you've turned me into the person I am today and I couldn't be more happy about that. I am honored to be your daughter and I love you.

Happy Mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment