Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Holidays!

It’s Christmas time in Siena! Lights are up, an ice skating rink has been placed in the Piazza nearby, as well as multiple Christmas trees throughout town.

The best treat was a few nights ago, as I was walking to a friends how, it began to lightly snow. White flakes clung to my coat and eyelashes and I listened to Christmas music on my iPod and soaked up the beautiful lights. It was nothing short of magical.

Christmas time in Europe seems to be treated with a sort of reverence – more so than in America. It’s truly amazing.

I’m leaving this weekend and will be starting my month of traveling (my finals are all done and this semester is over) before returning to Siena in late January for next semester. I’ll be traveling to Berlin, Bologna, Nice, Bordeaux, Dublin, Rome, Florence, Montepulciano, and Holland. I’ll try to update while I’m on the move, but can’t guarantee it…

So until next time, Happy Holidays to everyone! I hope you’re all finding joy in every moment.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete