Saturday, August 8, 2009

A day at the races

Yesterday I went to the horse races at the Del Mar Racetrack with two of my friends. I hardly ever bet, but I've been going to the races every year with my family since I was little. So I gave myself a 20 dollar limit, and didn't plan on leaving with much money - on the rare occasion I place a winning bet, I typically don't win more than 80 cents. This may be because I pay little attention to the odds of each horse and base all my bets on the horses with the coolest sounding names - yeah, I know...it's a foolproof system.

By the fifth race, I was down to 8 dollars. Imagine my surprise when I won on three different horses! I ended up winning 35 dollars off a 4 dollar bet. Now, I'm aware this isn't a huge winning, but for me, its the most money I've ever won off anything. Needless to say, my friend and I were jumping up and down while yelling with excitement. I do have to thank the following horses: Kiss the Cooke, Snow on Christmas, and Heavenly n' Free (the long shot).

Unfortunately, I did bet a bit more after that, but I did leave with 22 dollars...2 more than I had started with! In my opinion, it was an incredibly successful day at the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment