Saturday, September 5, 2009

The frantic packing is well underway

I leave for Italy tomorrow. I can't seem to wrap my mind around that. In a few days I will be moved into my place and starting my adventure in Siena.

This is mind-boggling!

I don't have much time for a post here because my packing has now become frantic as I rip my room apart in search of various items that seem to have eluded me whilst packing earlier.

I have yet to learn much Italian and I find it to be a bit late in the game to try to learn much more...I suppose my lack of Italian fluency will allow for a more interesting adventure en route to Siena.

I'll be flying into Florence (with a layover in Zurich beforehand) and from there I will be haphazardly attempting to make it from the airport to the bus station in order to make the last bus to Siena for the evening. I have little faith that I'll make it to Siena (where I have a hostel room booked) the same night that I arrive in Florence, but luckily I'm traveling with a few other people from the UC schools who are in my program so I won't be alone in a country where I don't speak the language.

I must return to my packing now! My next blog post will be from Italy!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment