Saturday, April 25, 2009

How do people ever get anything done when there is gelato and sorbet to be eaten?

Oh my goodness. It’s as if the universe decided to drop a little miracle in the downtown area. I must have done something really good and racked up some good karma points because I just experienced the best sorbet ever. My friend and I ventured into a little Gelato shop last night that neither of us had ever been to. When we walked in my eyes must have bulged out of my head because the ice cream looked surreal – there were so many colors and exciting flavors lined up behind the glass counter that it looked like something out of Willy Wonka’s factory.

I’m lactose intolerant (and very bitter about the fact, especially when I find myself in the gelato shop from heaven) so I only focused on their sorbets. They had mango, lemon, raspberry, chocolate, and pear flavored sorbets. So amazing! I must have sampled all the sorbets 3 times each before finally deciding on raspberry. It was perhaps the most satisfying thing I’ve eaten in a year.

Last night I dreamt of the sorbet…I woke up this morning craving some chocolate sorbet, but was thoroughly disappointed when I opened my freezer only to find a box of frozen chicken breasts and four microwave dinners. I have a feeling I’ll be making a trip downtown this evening….

No comments:

Post a Comment