Saturday, April 25, 2009

Languages are my passion

I have a goal to learn 7 languages by the time I’m 30. I know, I know…that seems like a bit of a lofty goal, but I’m part way there!

If I put a lot of effort into it (but knowing me and my lazy ways, I won’t) I could quite possibly have those 7 languages down by the time I’m 25.

I’ve studied French since freshman year of high school and am now conversationally fluent, I’m currently taking German classes, I’m in the process of learning American Sign Language (which does count as a language in my mind), and next year I’ll be learning Italian. So there’s 4 languages. Add my native language, English, and you have 5. After returning from Italy next year, I plan on taking some Spanish classes (language #6). Finally I’ll attempt to pick Portuguese or Japanese – I’m still undecided about which one to learn – to achieve my goal of 7 languages.
Now many people ask, as you may, what I plan on doing with all these languages. To that question I reply: I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment